The Pennsylvania Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators (PAMTE), a professional membership organization, values and promotes a network of educators dedicated to the improvement of all aspects of mathematics teacher education in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Specifically, its goals are to:
1. Facilitate communication and collaboration among mathematics teacher educators across the state.
2. Provide and promote quality leadership among mathematics teacher educators in the broad mathematics education community.
3. Coordinate activities and work collaboratively with other associations, organizations, and governmental units concerned with the preparation and professional development of mathematics teachers.
4. Work cooperatively with Pennsylvania and national certification and testing agencies to enhance the mathematical, pedagogical, and clinical preparation of teachers of mathematics at all levels with respect to criteria for credentialing and licensing teachers in Pennsylvania.
5. Encourage research related to mathematics teacher education, especially research which identifies factors that contribute to improving the preparation and professional development of mathematics teachers at all levels.
6. Encourage and organize programs and meetings focusing on issues related to the preparation and professional development of mathematics teachers.